Gela!

Just me talking about the things that I observe as I go about the business of living.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Very First Blog

Wow! I have my own blog spot and this is my first blog. Thanks to Francis for planting this seed. Creating the account wasn't too difficult either. Apart from the fact that I spent more than fifteen minutes deliberating whether I should use my own name as the name of the blog or should use something more obscure like 'girlinjamaica' I decided to to take the middle ground. I kinda like the idea of a 'girlinjamaica' type of name because of the anonimity that it affords. I could cussed out my bosses, gripe about people who annoy me with little fear that I would be found on the www. But then again, I thought, I might write something so awe-inspiring, so note-worthy that I'll want people to know the genius responsible for such a masterpiece. Yeah, never mind that it's just a blog. I'm concieted like that. So as you probably guess by now my blog name is a combination of christian name and domicile.

How did I get to this point? Why would I want to join the growing army of bloggers? I was so surprised to know that there were so many. Well first of all, I'm no stranger to giving vent on paper. My electronic diary in word is normally my way of venting my angst, my joy, my disappointment about the many facets of the world we live in. But as Francis noted in his blog, there is just something about public writing. So having read a few really interesting one, I decided to take the plunge. I guess I'll still keep some things confined to the pages of my word diary. We'll see.