Gela!

Just me talking about the things that I observe as I go about the business of living.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Presumptious Pussy

Yesterday morning I woke up to the sounds of insistent meowing. Somehow all the stray cats in surrounding my apartment complex designated my area the 'horny zone' so I'm really accustomed to the occasional caterwauling, as they get ready to get their groove on. I noticed however, that the meowing was quite extended and seemed even closer than normal. These damn cats could never be brazen enough to come and have sex on my balcony I thought irately. Well, they had apparently passed that stage. Having designated my little area the horny/get it on zone, they apparently thought that my weed/bush garden was the ideal place to start a family. Nestled comfortably beside their mother were about 3 kittens. I thought briefly about evicting the presumptious pussy from her chosen labour ward but after seeing the unflinching glare that I was subjected to, decided to leave her alone. Plus apart from being a coward (the protective instinct of animals for their young is well documented), I don't think I would have had the heart to do so.